We’re two months out from the 2013 NWLA Tournament in Columbus, Ohio, and we’re definitely increasing in size from the initial tournament.
thirteenleagues who have committed as of this point. Those leagues represent 128 teams across the country who will be providing all-star talent for the tournament.
- Home Run League (HRL) – Saint Paul, MN (NEW)
- Tampa Bay Wiffleball (TBW) – Tampa Bay, FL
- Potomac Wiffleball League (PWL) – Washington, DC
- Wiffle in Southeast Michigan (WSEM) – Detroit, MI
- Griffleball League (GBL) – Highland, IN
- Huntington Wiffleball League (HWL) – Huntington, WV (NEW)
- Kalamazoo Wiffleball League (KWL) – Kalamazoo, MI
- Mequon Wiffleball League (MWLWI) – Mequon, WI (NEW)
- Minnesota Wiffleball Association (MNWA) – Ashby, MN (NEW)
- Mississippi Yard Wiffleball League (MYWL) – Cornith, MS (NEW)
- Ontario County Wiffleball Association (OCWA) – Farmington, NY
- Skibbe Wiffleball League (SWBL) – St. Louis, MO
- Washburn Wiffleball League (WWL) – Caledonia, NY
The deadline for leagues to pay their registration fee is June 18th.
The complete 2013 NWLA Tournament details have been announced by the organizing committee.
New additions for this year include a Home Run Contest and an All Star Game Friday night under the lights after the welcome dinner and draw for pool play divisions.
Games will be played all day Saturday and most of the day on Sunday. No night games will be scheduled this year.
- Complete Tournament Details
- Sample League Budget To Send a Team
- Pay Registration Fee (Due June 18th)
The committee has also created a sample budget for leagues considering sending a team to help estimate the costs per player for participating. We encourage leagues that are worried about not attending for financial difficulties to reach out to the organizing committee for suggestions.
Teams will be responsible for their own hotels this year, due to the increased number of teams expected to participate. But reduced cost rooms will be negotiated with the several hotels directly across from the field.
The organizing committee consists of the three leagues who founded and hosted the tournament last year, plus two new additions.
The 2013 NWLA Tournament will be held July 19-21 in Columbus, Ohio.
Final schedule and details will be announced soon, but the event logistics will be very similar to the 2012 tournament.
We expect to have practice time and a welcome event including drawing for pool play spots Friday night.
Pool play will be Saturday, and each team will play three pool play games. These games will determine seeding in a double elimination tournament.
All teams will play in the double elimination tournament, which will begin Saturday after pool play, and continue most of the day Sunday.
NOTE ABOUT LONDON: The London Wiffleball Tournament is taking place this same weekend in London, which is about 30 miles from Columbus. While we encourage leagues sending players to participate in both events, the schedule will overlap at certain points, so leagues should plan to send different teams and players to each event.
Leagues that are members of the National Wiffle League Association are eligible to send an all star team to the tournament.
Registration information will be announced soon but make your plans to attend now!
We asked you to share your opinions on the 2012 Tournament. The results are in.
Ontario County Wiffle Association FREAKY FRANCHISE
RYAN BUSH, OCWA Freaky Franchise